MARKETING YOUR HOME
Whether your home is in Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, Hollywood Hills, Sherman Oaks or greater Los Angeles, the following is a summary of some of the services I offer. Every home and selling situation is different, so some of the items below may alter, change or be deleted. I will prepare a detailed, targeted marketing plan for your property after viewing the property and discussing your specific needs and circumstances. You may find it helpful to view my Pricing Your Home page, too.
- I will meet with you and view your home, and then prepare a written Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This will also contain a seller's net sheet so you have an idea of what dollar amount you'll receive at close of escrow.
- I will make sure you understand all the marketing tools that I will use to get you the best price for your home.
- I will determine price and sales timeline with you; prepare and go over listing paperwork and disclosures.
- I will help you prepare your home for sale (see Selling Tips) and offer suggestions for showing. Professional staging services are available if necessary. I can offer assistance in contractor/handyman selection if thats needed, too.
- I will have your home professionally photographed and, if appropriate, will prepare descriptive flyer with full color photos. Individual home websites are options as well, although these are not suitable for every home.
. A yard sign will be installed with contact and texting info for mobile phone users.
- I will prepare internet advertising including my personal web site (the one you're reading now), John Aaroe Group's web page, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com and Craigslist.org. From there, your home listing will be "syndicated" to several dozen more sites. More than 90% of all buyers begin their home search on the internet and I specialize in internet marketing. I'll also prepare and send emails with photos (an email blast) about your property to "civilians," potential buyers and local area Realtors. Currently, my email list has over 1,500 addresses. About 300 of those are local Realtors. A separate "intranet" color e-flyer will be sent to all John Aaroe Group agents.
- I will determine and place print advertising. I often advertise available properties in the L.A. Times Homes section, especially if we're holding an open house. John Aaroe Group runs weekly ads in several local papers, too, and your property will appear in these as well. In case you are wondering who pays for all the advertising: John Aaroe Group and I do. I make a personal financial commitment to every listing I take.
- I will submit your listing with color photos to the local multiple listing service. The MLS is our best and fastest tool to reach agents with buyers.
- I will arrange broker caravan tours and solicit feedback from other agents regarding price, marketing and appeal. Of course, I will share what I learn with you.
- I will hold advertised weekend open houses (if and when convenient for you).
- I will follow up with you frequently about our activity and also keep you posted on market changes. As a full-service broker I promise to keep you informed throughout the entire process and consult you regarding new strategies. I offer full-time availability -- youll have no problem reaching me! Additionally, John Aaroe Group has an excellent management team which is always ready to assist you and me.
- I will review all offers and present them to you. Together, we will strategize -- I will suggest and manage counter offers to be used to your advantage, including drafting legally binding, clear contract provisions.
- If necessary, I will ask a lender that I trust to preapprove potential buyers. This is done at no cost or obligation to the buyer or seller.
- I will coordinate and advise you about all inspections and disclosures.
- I will oversee escrow and follow-up risk management for the successful close of your transaction. I will supervise and coordinate with other agents to insure that contingencies are removed properly and in a timely manner, and there are no unforeseen delays in closing the transaction.
Thorough preparation and research is the key
to successfully marketing your home.